Windle Valley Youth Project is pleased to announce StepUp. StepUp is a small grants programme which aims to celebrate, encourage and support success in young people.
It is open to young people aged 11-18 who live in Surrey Heath, who are starting to succeed at a regional (eg county, South East etc) or national level in their chosen activity. Success could be in any of a range of fields including academic, sporting, artistic or community focussed.
Successful applicants will receive a grant of £50-£200, publicity and in some cases professional advice to boost their success.
Download more information about StepUp and an application form.
StepUp is supported by:
Eli Lilly and Company was founded in 1876 in Indianapolis by Colonel Eli Lilly, with an ambition to produce consistently high-quality and well tolerated medicines.
- Lilly has a history of innovation, and in 1923 Lilly unveiled the first commercially available insulin product.
- Today, Lilly continue to develop innovative and life saving treatments, in the following main disease areas: oncology, diabetes and mental health.
Globally, Eli Lilly and Company is the world’s 10th largest pharmaceutical company and opened their first non-US office in London in 1934. Worldwide the company employs over 38,000 people and had turnover of $24billion in 2011 (15billion GBP).
Today, Eli Lilly and Company employs around 1400 people and has three sites in the UK:
- Basingstoke – Headquarters of the UK operating affiliate, Lilly UK
- Windlesham, Surrey – Erl Wood Research and Development Centre and European Headquarters (home to approx 650 Lilly staff)
- Speke, Liverpool – home to Manufacturing Operation
Local companies have an opportunity to sponsor the programme – for more information please contact Stefan Nahajski (